Here is an atypical post, but one that I am quite excited about: the Liebster award. It is a little special recognition from fellow bloggers that says, ‘hey, we like your blog. Pass on the kudos.’ Most of you probably do not have a clue what this award is, so here are the rules: Once nominated you must…
- Make a post about the Liebster Award and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you (except my nominator only chose 10.)
- Nominate 11 fellow bloggers for the award.
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- There is no actual award, it is just a matter of recognition.
So, before we get down to business, a big giant thank you to Concentrate on Yourself. You’re wonderful, and I appreciate the nomination! Keep up the great work towards your resolutions.
Here are my questions!
- Name 5 things you want to accomplish before you die.
Running a 50 mile ultra. Visiting all 7 continents. Learn to swim. Grow my photography into a successful small side business. (Check out my little Facebook page here.) Take a week long backpacking trip. Learn to play piano. Oh, wait. That was 6.
- What is your favourite thing to do?
This is a rhetorical question, right? Running! And eating cupcakes. After that, I’d probably say hiking, reading, or shooting photography. None of which I get to do often enough. Thanks, school.
- What would your ideal day be like?
Hmmmm…A long trail run with friends followed by amazing food. Followed by time at the beach, toes in the sand, and deep breaths of ocean air. Oh, and a glorious nap. If we could throw some swings in there at some point, that would be great.
- Do you have a favourite food?
Pineapple. I would eat pineapple until all those enzymes in it make my mouth raw.
Honeycrisp apples with almond butter coming in for a close second.
- Do you have a best friend?
Yes. His name is Monkey, and he is the best four-legged friend a girl could ask for.
- What have you done that you are most proud of?
Of these 10 questions, this was the most difficult to answer. I don’t know that there’s anything I’ve ever done that I am particularly proud of. Many goals I’ve worked to achieve, accomplishments I’ve made…
Perhaps the most noteworthy experience is something worth mentioning. Last summer, I climbed Mt. St. Helens by the moonlight to watch the sunrise at the top. Not a huge feat, but certainly one of my most favorite memories.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Is everywhere too ambiguous of an answer? I went to SE Asia over 5 years ago for 3 months. That is the last time I’ve really travelled internationally, save for a couple trips to BC and Quebec. But those hardly count.
Real answer is this: I would be willing to take the next international flight out of the country, wherever it may be headed. I’ve quelled the feelings of wanderlust for now in order to focus on school and achieving goals. But really, I want to see all the world has to offer. Each destination has something unique and amazing to offer, and I cannot wait to someday explore.
I’m going to see all 7 continents, remember?
- Do you have a favourite quote?
It changes often. Right now, it is this: “Wherever you are, be all there.”
I’ve been so focused lately on trying to live in the moment, enjoying it for what it is worth, instead of planning what I am going to do next. Truly trying to enjoy and savor.
- If anything was possible, what would you invent?
A teletransporter. End of story.
- What would your superpower be?
To control time. Stop, pause, fast-forward. (Does this mean I have control issues?)
I mean, I’ve already learned to fly. It’s a knack, really. You just learn to throw yourself at the ground and miss. (Help: here.)
- Musings of a Doc Student
- BMW Trainer
- Run Salt Run
- Journey to Sub 4
- Running With a Purpose
- Running For Cupcakes (I mean, how can I not nominate her?)
- Thoughts Of A Drifting Mind
- The Running Lesbian
- A Life Running
- Elephant Shoes and Olive Juice
Now a few questions for them:
1. Who is the most inspirational person in your life, and why?
2. What is your dream job?
3. What made you decide to start a blog?
4. What is your favorite song right now?
5. How would you describe your philosophy in life?
6. Where is your favorite place in the entire world?
7. Is there anything you cannot live without? Why?
8. Name your three biggest goals in life.
9. Do you have any random talents?
10. What is the best compliment you’ve received?
11. If the answer is 42, what is the question? (If you need help on this one, click here.)
With that, I keep it short and sweet. Portland is experiencing some awesomely different conditions that have rendered the entire city useless. Everything is shut down, and Portland residents this morning received an alert advising everyone to stay indoors today and not drive. A few inches of snow accumulated, turned freezing rain.
That’s fine, I’ll stay home. And run through the streets. And make snow angels. And take running selfies. I hope everyone out there in Portlandia’s Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse is staying safe!